Thursday, July 3, 2014

Six Months

     Today marks six months self-harm free for me. I'm really proud of myself. It's been really hard. I had reached 1 year self-harm free back in November, which was the first time I had ever gone that long without self-harming. However, I relapsed in December.
     There are a lot of things that help to keep me from self-harming. I always think about how the scars will look on my body and how I don't want any more. I've gotten better at opening up and talking to people. I started saying little quotes to myself. For example, when R broke up with me I was extremely depressed. I thought the feeling would never end. But, I knew that it would eventually. I kept telling myself "this too shall pass." It helped me to remember that I wouldn't be sad forever.
     If you struggle with self-harm, just know that there is hope for recovery.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 6 months, I know how hard it is to keep going but well done for managing and you can get to one year again :) *hugs for making it this far*
    Take care
    Invisible Ninja

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well done on 6 months self harm free
    That is such a huge accomplishment
    Here's to the next 6 months and beyond..... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's an amazing achievement. God knows it isn't easy, but I have faith you can get back to a whole year SH-free and beyond.
    Take care lovely <3 xx

    ReplyDelete