Monday, July 22, 2013

That Time

     Of course the week that my family is away and I can eat whatever I please, I'm scheduled to get my period. I'm so pissed. Whenever I get my period I make the mistake of weighing myself. My weight always spikes because of bloating and such. PLUS I get cravings for everything and it's just so unpleasant.
     This all depends on if I even get my period. Because of my frequent weight changes, I never know if I'm going to get my period or not. If I've been restricting a lot, then I probably won't get it. Some people might think that this is awesome. Sign that you're getting skinny plus not period, awesome, right? No. First I always freak out that I'm pregnant and I have to go out buy/steal some pregnancy tests. Even if they come out negative I still get paranoid about it. Also, I get really scared that I could become infertile, as this occurs very frequently in women with eating disorders. Then if I do get my period, I feel fat and eat a ton of cookies and get really emotional. It overall just sucks.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had my period for 5 months now :/ while it makes life easier and more convenient in some ways, I know it isn't a good sign... I hope I'd get mine pretty soon..
    Don't stress too much about the bloating. Remember it's only temporary~ just be careful not to eat too salty when you're on your period, cos it can cause more bloating.
    Oh and I also heard that one week after your period ends, your body secretes hormones that assist in weight loss!! So when your period ends, do some exercises after a week. It makes weight loss more effective, apparently :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! And good luck to you. Stay safe <3

      Delete